Different types of content require different types of templates, and Statiq has you covered with support for Markdown and Razor (along with plain HTML) with more languages like Handlebars/Mustache and Liquid coming soon.
Statiq understands a variety of data formats like YAML, JSON, and XML and is designed to plug any data format into any usage. From data files to front matter use the data format you're most comfortable in.
Statiq is designed from the ground up to provide a simple and easy "happy path" through applications like Statiq Web while providing complete control when needed by extending them or using the full Statiq Framework. You shouldn't have to compromise your vision because of your static generator.
How It Works
Statiq is powerful because it combines a few simple building blocks that can be rearranged and used in limitless combinations. Think of it like LEGO® for static generation.
- Content and data can come from a variety of sources including input files, databases, and services.
- Documents are created that each contain content and metadata.
- The documents are processed by pipelines.
- Each pipeline consists of one or more modules that manipulate the documents given to it by transforming, aggregating, filtering, or producing entirely new documents.
- The final output of each pipeline is made available to other pipelines and may be written to output files or deployed to hosting services.
|Preview server with live reload|
|General deployment pipelines|
|Out-of-the-box Netlify deployments|
|Out-of-the-box Azure App Service deployments|